Friday, February 1, 2013

Love is Patient

     Since I like to think of February as the month of love, I'm going back to 1Corinthians 13 for 14 days to see what love is.  Love is first of all patient. If God is love and we have God in us, then we should Be patient. We should be patient with our children when they aren't going as fast as we'd like, we should be patient with our spouses when they don't act the way we think they should (we do the same things), we should be patient with a world that is broken.
     Everyone has patience, especially those who belong to Jesus; however only some choose to practice patience. It's like running. If I want to be a better runner, I have to make myself run. I'd never enter a race unless I had trained for it. If I want to be more patient, I have to practice patience everyday. This is easiest if I am anticipating those things that cause me to become impatient. So, I plan on my kids spilling their juice and I plan on a slow driver and I plan on waiting at the grocery store and when I have difficulty, I remember how patient God is with me when I mess up, am slow to understand and when he is waiting for me to move ahead.

                                                         BE THE ONE

No comments:

Post a Comment