Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It is not rude


    What is being rude? Is it calling names, rushing in front of someone at the store or taking the good parking spot? Is it gossiping about someone in church, is it hanging up on a customer service person, or is it giving our spouse a dirty look when they turn around?
      I try really hard to be nice to everyone but as I was reading the verse I couldn't help but think of sarcasm. The word literally means to tear the flesh. Unfortunately, sarcasm is so prevalent in not only our world but our families. We should be loving our families above all, yet we find ourselves tearing them down with small digs.  I think the reason is not that we want to do harm but rather we want to be funny.
      I pray that God will stop me before I say anything flippant that will tear into the fabric I work so hard to knit.  It doesn't matter if our kids are 8 or 18, it still matters that they know they are valued beyond everything else.

                                 Be The One 

No comments:

Post a Comment