Tuesday, February 5, 2013

It is not proud

      "I can do all things THROUGH HIM that strengthens me,"or conversely, I can do nothing without the Holy Spirit. Yes, I can function, do my job and sometimes even do it well, but I can not do the tasks God has given me to do on my own.  I would (and have) make a giant mess of anything I tried to do through my own strength because I don't know the big picture. Luckily God does and he says that he will equip us with all that we need. I can not be proud of my accomplishments because they really are not mine; they are God's. There are those who tell me my family is wonderful because we adopted. While, I thank them, I try to give all the credit to God. If it wasn't for him, we never would have been able to adopt.  We would have rushed in foolishly instead of waiting on him. We would never have had the courage or the finances to travel to the other side of the world unless he provided it. And... quite frankly, I would be bald with pulling my hair out on some days if it wasn't for his provision of the people around me. Love can not be proud; it is too busy focusing on others.

                                               Be The One

No comments:

Post a Comment