Thursday, February 7, 2013

It is not self-seeking ...

  
  I've never thought of myself as a selfish person, but I am. We all are as evidenced by the fact that we'd rather sneak chocolate than share with our kids, we get mad when things don't go according to OUR plans and if someone is doing something fun, they should have asked us.
      Lately, I've noticed myself grumbling a bit more than normal. I ask God to give me joy but then get annoyed at how my day is progressing. I lament that I've spent so much time on the kids that I haven't got to do my stuff. Attention! God does not give joy when we are looking out for ourselves. Joy is a fruit of a spirit devoted to him and that means serving Jesus in any way he asks.
      We have to go back to where our focus is. If it is on ourself, we will be self-seeking. If we want to be love to those around us, we must start looking at God.

                            Be The One
     

No comments:

Post a Comment