Wednesday, May 15, 2013

FIRST GRANT GIVEN TODAY



Today is a momentous day; one I will savor because of its importance. Today Be The One Inc. awarded its first $500.00 grant to a family who will be leaving May 24th to go to China and gather up their daughter to bring her home.

 When I first was in contact with this family, I told them that I didn't have the money yet, but to send me their information and we'd see what God would do.  A few short weeks later I discovered they had gotten their travel approval and I was a bit sad because they would be leaving a day before our next fundraiser, the Run for the 1. Tuesday I had a friend drop off some money for the run and it dawned on me that we had gone over $500.00.

The next morning, I was praying; asking God if this was the family and if we had enough money and I read the following verse in Psalms: "Let them know that it is your hand, that you, O Lord, have done it. (Psalm 109:27) I felt God telling me that He was doing this. I excitedly contacted their agency and got our board approval and today I wrote out the check!

I am so thankful that God has allowed me to be a part of this and pray that we are able to quickly bless another family.

No comments:

Post a Comment