Wednesday, July 24, 2013

God will bring it to completion.



  I was reading out of the Gospel of Luke recently about the temptation of Jesus and I noticed something new. It said, "he (the devil) left him (Jesus) until an opportune time." Often we think of the temptation of Jesus as being a 1x thing, but it was ongoing in his ministry. Jesus confronted Satan often. It is the same with us - Satan comes at "opportune" times when we are at our weakest, when something is at stake, or when we are ready to move into something God has for us.

     I recently realized, as I was having a lot of difficulty with one of my adopted children, that Satan was using  the difficulty to try and ruin my credibility with adoption. I heard this small voice saying, "How can you advocate for adoption, if your own adopted kid is wrecking havoc on your family?"

     As soon as this thought came into my mind, I recognized it for what it was - a spiritual battle. Praise God that this was followed quickly with a sense of God's strength. I did not have to listen to that lie. I could pray my way through using scripture and remembering God' promises. How one of my children turn out does not prove or disprove whether we should adopt, anymore than what a child born to you becomes can prove or disprove whether you should have kids. I don't have to make it work. I only have to be obedient.

     I didn't ask for adoption anymore that I asked for birth children. They are a part of my life, a blessed part, and I will train them up under God's guidance, but it is God who will bring them to completion.


              BE THE ONE

No comments:

Post a Comment